Thursday 22 March 2012

Bill Cunningham New York


Bill Cunningham

Bill Cunningham - New York Times - 18th March 2012


So, I went to see the film ‘Bill Cunningham New York’ last night at the Curzon Mayfair Cinema here in sunny London…..(God, doesn’t my BF spoil me!!)
For those of you that have never heard of Cunningham he is an unconventional fashion photographer who has been documenting ‘street styles’ in New York for the past 50 years. He is loved by the great and good of fashion.  In a world that’s all consumed by celebrities and their ‘status’, he is not concerned about who is wearing what but what is being worn by you and me on the street!  He has a passion for fashion that I’ve never seen before, and will pick up trends months in advance.
I knew very little about him before this film but he has really inspired me to look beyond the glossy mags and catwalks to see what’s ‘fashionable’ and look around me; on the train, going to work or people out partying to get a real gage on what’s stylish!
Basically, this is a really heartfelt, feel good film that documents the life of a true visionary – you MUST go see it people!
Love 
Amy Grace
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments